Well, we hooked up the camper and drove over to Beaumont and parked it in Maw Maw Liz and PawPaw Larry's drive way about 4 wks ago. We decided to go ahead and move closer to family instead of finding something in Montgomery. We pulled the boys out of school and I quit my job. It's been an emotional roller coaster for me. Lots of excitement, worries and missing my friends back in Montgomery but it will definitely be nice to have family around. (I miss you Carol, Julie, Rachel, Liz and Cindy!)
I sort of always thought I wanted to be a stay home mom.....I definitely DONT! My kids are driving me crazy!!!!! Maybe it would be different if we were in our house and not between the camper and MawMaw's house. I have spent the last 2-3 weeks trying to find a daycare for the boys. Something comparable to ABC Academy back in Montgomery. Nothing....Nothing even close to it. The day cares out here are just that. No curriculum, just baby sitters. One day after going to daycare after daycare, disappointment after disappointment, I walked into the last one on my list and the lady showed me to the class where Colton would be. I just started to cry. Besides the kids jumping around all over the place while the T.V. was playing Sponge Bob ,three of the boys in his class were wearing diamond studs in their ears!!!!! I didn't want my babies around that. I could go on and on about some other disturbing issues I saw but we'll stop there.
I tried all of the churches but they were all "Mothers Day Out" programs and the kids only go Tuesdays and Thursdays or MWF and only from 9-2pm. I need something from 7-6pm M-F for when I go back to work. Anyway....Thankfully, I found a church that does offer a school environment and the hours are M-F 7am- 6pm. The boys really seemed to like the school and they have Chapel every Wednesday and Friday. We signed them up yesterday and even attended Wednesday Chapel with the students. It was so nice. All the children were singing and clapping their hands and the teachers really seemed sincere in the care of their students. Yesterday was a very blessed day for us! The boys get to start their new school on Monday.
Well, we did find a house and we close on Wednesday. We hope to start moving in next weekend. It's a beautiful home on six acres. It's perfect and it's the best of both worlds for Jerry and I. I get the beautiful home in the city with a lovely neighborhood to let the boys play in and Jerry gets his 6 acres to do his big boy stuff. He gets to keep his horse, tractor, trailer and all the other stuff he had out in Plantersville. I can't wait to get everything in it's place and all settled in so we can have everyone over to visit and see our new home.
I'll probably start looking for a job next week now that the boys are in school and the start of us moving in will have begun. I didn't want to find a job right away and then have to take off to move and also have to come home to an unpacked house. We have so much stuff. I know it will take weeks to get it all unpacked and put away.
So, wish me luck on finding a job, especially one with great people like the ones I left back in Montgomery.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









 



























1 comment:
We miss you lots too!!!
Post a Comment