We started our day off with a bang. Make that two bangs. After we were all woken up by the sudden and loud cry of Carter, Jerry bumped his leg on the corner of our foot board while rushing to the boy's room.(Bang #1)
Then once we got there, we found Carter on the floor. He had rolled off the bed hitting his head on the bed rail.(Bang #2) Don't worry, he's hard headed just like his daddy. Both father and son are doing fine. We'll probably see a bruise in a day or two.
Poor Colton just sat there sucking his thumb and watching us with that dazed and confused look. I felt so bad for him. Once we started getting ready for the day, he asked if he could wear his "cowboy" jeans (his wranglers)to school. He must ask me every day but I always tell him no because he's out grown his boots and it would look really silly with tennis shoes. Today I gave in still feeling bad for him. Again, I tried explaining that his boots didn't fit anymore and he'd have to wear his other shoes.
Like his hard headed daddy, he wasn't taking no for an answer and insisted on wearing them. I found the thinnest pair of socks and watched him squeeze his feet into the small sized boots. He assured me that they felt fine and that he is a real cowboy and needs his boots. I packed his other shoes and explained to his teacher that he may need to change into them later.
Well, Colton was still wearing his boots when I picked him up from school. He must be a real cowboy.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









 



























No comments:
Post a Comment