These last few days have been difficult without our Reba. There's such a void when we walk outside and she's not there to greet us, or when we pull up to the house and she's not there at the gate to walk us to the garage.
My mom and dad came over today and Colton said, "I'll know when Nana and PawPaw are here when Reba barks". I had to remind him she isn't with us anymore. The look on his face broke my heart. I get teary eyed just thinking about her.
We did decide to get another dog for the family. At first I thought we needed to wait but thinking about it, Reba would want that. She had a good life with us. She adopted us 4 years ago. We were out of town for the Christmas holidays and when we returned, she was waiting for us on the door step. She just showed up and never left. It was like we'd known each other for years. She followed Jerry around the property as he worked and followed him down the trails when he road the horse. When Colton was born, we were worried how she'd be with the new baby. There were no problems. She was even very protective of him around strangers. When I was pregnant with Carter, we would all get on the 4-wheeler and ride through the trails. Sometimes she sat on the back with me but then Jerry figured a way to tie on one of those storage tubs to the front of the 4-wheeler. Jerry would put her in it and she'd ride in front and check everything out. She loved being with us.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









 



























No comments:
Post a Comment