Saturday, October 11, 2008

MawMaw "Wiz"

We started our day very early (for a weekend). Jerry was up and out of the house by 5:45am!!!Anyone who knows him knows that's miracle. He had to work cows this morning and drop some off at the auction. The cows that had pink eye last week are all doing better.

Colton,Carter and I were up by 6:15am. At first I planned on turning the TV on to occupy the boys while I tried to get some more sleep but that plan failed. I had two hungry boys waiting to be fed. Carter got a fresh warm bottle and Colton had 3 big pancakes.

Kitchen is cleaned up, kids are dressed and the time is 7:30am. I knew we'd be going to my mother-n-law, Liz's house for the weekend so I needed to start packing and be ready to go when Jerry got home (around 1pm). Anyone with kids knows that the 5 1/2 hour gap I have left can be gone before you know it. Two beds made, 1 dishwasher loaded and reloaded, 8 bottles washed,house picked up, 3 overnight bags packed, trash picked up, 2 baby feedings, 4 diaper changes, 1kid down for a nap, 4 laundry loads washed, dried and put away later, we were ready to go. I even managed to get myself ready here and there. Jerry made it home about noon, finished some last minute fixing of our hotwire fence, put the chainsaw and 4-wheeler in the back of the truck, transferred car seats and loaded our bags.(He's headed to the deer lease) .

So, off to MawMaw Liz's house, or like Colton says, MawMaw "Wiz". He's been looking forward to seeing his MawMaw. We arrived in our usual 2hr drive time and the boys just woke from their naps. Everyone is happy and ready for a fun visit. Check back later for updates and to hear about our weekend with MawMaw "Wiz".

No comments: